We may use agents and contractors in order to help operate our site. Their use of information is limited to these purposes and is subject to confidentiality agreements.
To operate the service, we also need to make your information available to third parties in these limited circumstances: (1) with your express consent, (2) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, (3) when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or (4) to any successor in a merger or acquisition. We will attempt to notify you in any such case, to the extent permitted by law to do so.
No, but most of Passions Network's rules/regulations/activities/Terms of Service are the same regardless of the member's location.
1) Consent Regarding Account Creation and Terms of Service
2) 'Real World Identity vs. Online Anonymity'
- Passions Network Inc. (Passions Network) is a network of individual online dating / social networking sites with a premium on anonymity. As such, Passions Network does not ask for member's real names, addresses, phone numbers or credit card numbers. Passions Network highly recommends the use of unique usernames not used on other sites (to prevent identification via information posted on non-Passions Network related sites with the same username). Passions Network does not provide member email addresses to third parties, but highly recommends members create a new unique email address for use specifically within Passions Network in case of a data breach...in which case the Passions Network specific email address would not be beneficial to anyone, nor would it's identification be harmful to a member. This information is deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
3) PII (Personally Identifiable Information)
- Passions Network does not sell your personal information to any third party, nor provide PII to any third party for use outside Passions Network and Passions Network services. This distinction is made due to the use of various third party software systems utilized to provide services like chat and instant updates on account activity. Any information provided to these third party systems is restricted to your internal Passions Network data (i.e. username, profile link, profile basics, sites within your account, etc.). This information allows members to interact with other members more efficiently while maintaining their 'real world' anonymity. Any information provided to these third party systems is deleted upon account deletion within Passions Network.
4) Cookies & Session ID's
to learn more about Cookies. Since some Cookies are required in order for Passions Network Inc. sites to work, Cookies have been enabled within Passions Network Inc. sites. Members (and visitors) have COMPLETE control over the Cookies they allow to be used within their browsers though, and Passions Network Inc. wants to make it easy for members and/or visitors to make informed decisions regarding Cookies (and to easily be able to disable them if they so choose). If you are not comfortable with Cookies being placed on your browser when visiting this (or any other) site, we are providing you with information on how to disable Cookies for each type of possible browser or App operating system. Click here
to disable Cookies (Not Recommended). [Please note that information stored in Cookies makes your experience within Passions Network Inc. sites better and that by disabling Passions Network Cookies and/or Third Party Cookies, you are likely to find your website experience degraded.]
5) IP Addresses
- Passions Network does collect member IP Addresses and maintain them until the member's account is deleted. IP Addresses are utilized to determine if members are being honest about their location, so that potential spammers/scammers cannot pretend to be in a specific location within their account while actually being in an entirely different location. Members who are concerned about what IP Address is being collected by Passions Network can visit What Is My IP
. This information is deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
- Passions Network sends members email messages to A) verify/validate their interest in joining a site within Passions Network B) to confirm their registration C) to alert them to contact attempts by other members within Passions Network D) to alert them to non-contact specific, but account related information specific to their Passions Network Account E) to alert them to changes within Passions Network. As part of the initial registration within Passions Network, members are asked to enter their email address, whereby they are sent a verification link to validate that they are in fact interested in registering as a member of Passions Network. This double opt-in process is a security measure to verify that the individual registering is in fact the owner of the email address in question and is opting in to Passions Network membership. Unless this double opt-in process is completed, verifying the desire of the email owner to participate as a member of Passions Network, they will not be registered, and their email address will not be stored, and they will not receive future email messages from Passions Network. Independent of registration there are a number of email notification options which can be managed by clicking links within future email messages and by making changes within a member's account. Email addresses are deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
7) Required Information vs. Optional Information
- Passions Network requires members to provide their gender, sexual orientation, age & location. This information is critical to the use of the network by members, specifically within the search system. Aside from the information listed above, Passions Network also asks members to volunteer other information about themselves that can help them connect with members in the network. The more information members enter, the more likely their profile will be taken seriously by other members. This information is deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
- Members are required to enter either a full face photo of themselves or a cartoon Avatar representation of themselves. We recommend photos, but in order to allow anonymity for members who choose it, we allow the use of Avatars via an Avatar creation system linked in our photo area. Member specific photos/Avatars are deleted from Passions Network upon account deletion.
9) Account Deletion (Right To Be Forgotten)
- As mentioned, upon receiving an account deletion request, a member's account is deleted from the Passions Network system, including any member specific data and photos/Avatars. Passions Network does maintain public blog / forum posts made by deleted members, with a notation that the member is no longer a member of the network. While the username associated with the post remains, it is not linked to any member photo or account information. Usernames on the internet can be made by anyone at anytime and are not 'owned' by anyone. Maintaining usernames within blogs and forum simply maintain the flow of the discussion in a way to lessen confusion. This allows blog posts/forum threads to maintain cohesion without holes made by constantly deleting posts/comments made by former members. The policy of public posts remaining, although no longer associated with a specific member photos or account profiles, is outlined within our Terms of Service (TOS).
10) Security and Data Retention
- Passions Network utilizes strong security protocols including hardware firewalls, software firewalls, server side virus protection scans and double-blind password encryption. As mentioned previously, members are highly encouraged to choose unique Passions Network specific usernames and to use unique Passions Network specific email addresses to lessen any potential identification of their accounts by comparison on public search engines to information they have uploaded online on other sites. With regards to data retention, Passions Network maintains a table of deleted usernames to prevent new users from joining and choosing a former member's username, and then impersonating them. This table of deleted usernames is only referenced when a new account is being created and only for the reason explained. Separately, as mentioneed, previously uploaded blog posts/comments and/or forum posts/comments are also maintained, although again, as referenced, without a connection to the original member who posted the information. (We replace the member's username, photo and profile link with a generic photo and the non-linked title:'Former Member'.